BabyAngelLinn

BabyAngelLinn

Sunday 7 July 2013

How to temporary highlight your hair with different colors?

080713

Hello Monday~ This is second week of my semester break. So fast and I'm going back to hostel this Friday. Arg...2 weeks holiday seriously not enough for me to rest and I want more!!!

Last week basically it was my resting week, so I rest fully. Hehe, I mean, I seldom online, didn't touch my notes at all (because I want to temporary escape from my studies ^.^), seldom go out and etc. I spend most of my time with my family, eat, sleep and watch tv. Hehe, I gained few pounds during holiday, so now I have to control my diet to prevent further increase in my weight.

I admit it was a bit bored last week, staying at home and do nothing, so I took out color pastel that I bought from DAISO and start color the bottom part of my hair. Remember I highlight the bottom part of my hair last 2 weeks? It becomes lighter color so it is very easy for me to color my hair with the color pastel, and the effect is visible too. It depends on color that you choose and amount of water that you add to your hair during the coloring process.


I choose pink color because I always want my hair to be pink and it looks nice on Avril Lavigne. So I just give it a try.

she looks so cute and cool with this hair style.
this is how I looks with pink hair.

What I did was: 
First, I put some water at the lower end of my hair that I want to color. Just to make it slightly wet.
Next, I dig or wet the end of the pastel. (so that it'll melt or become soft; easier for the color to stick on the hair).
Then I apply pastel on my hair. Repeat this step until you satisfied. Add more water or use small amount of water to blend out the color. If you add more water (or your hair is very wet, the outcome will be lighter).
I mix light pink and dark pink so that there will be a color gradient effect but sadly it's not that obvious to see.
Finally, comb your hair so that it is smooth and let it air dry or you also can use hair dryer.
Oh ya, make sure you wear glove and clothes that you don't want because it might get a bit dirty and messy during the coloring process.
This color effect will last as long as your hair is far away from water. If you want to remove it, simply wash it away with water. :)

So...this is how it looks closely on my hair.

You can try different colors too. You can mix more than one color on your hair if you feel that one color is not enough to make you to look cool. Hehe. It is fun and creative to play with our hair. I tried blue and green before I choose pink and blue is quite nice for my hair too.
But one thing about this pastel is, after it dry, my hair becomes very dry and very hard to comb because it tingle easily. I guess this color pastel is not suitable for long term use as it might damage our hair.

I guess it is only suitable for temporary highlight, just to look cool in front of everyone, I don't mind my hair to be dry for one day. After the event or outing, I'll try to 'rescue' my hair by doing hair treatment or something. Ya, I know, I'm so HOPELESS. Hehe

Okay, That's all for today. Bye~



No comments:

Post a Comment