BabyAngelLinn

BabyAngelLinn

Tuesday 12 February 2013

How to fold Heart shape bookmark?

Hello~ How was your Chinese New Year? I feel happy because I get to meet all my relatives that already didn't see each other for so long, and I'm also happy because of angpau (of cause), all the nice biscuits and soft drinks that I normally didn't get to eat and drink. My mum think that all that are junk food and not allow me to have it, so I only can fully enjoy all that once a year. Hehe.

After Chinese New Year will be Valentine's day (on 5th day of Chinese New Year). Do you have any plan on how to celebrate this special day with your love one? Well, I bought a card, to write something for him...I didn't figure out what to prepare to make him feel surprise yet...still planning...hehe.

For those who still single but already fall in love with someone but dare not to confess to that person,erm...why not take this special day as a opportunity to find out how he/she feels towards you? I have an idea! Hehe. You can try if you want. Make a love (heart) shape bookmark, put it in a book and give (or borrow) to him/her. Hehe. I know it sounds lame, but it is better than just keeping quiet right? At least you take some action. Hehe.

Okay. So you can use Origami paper which is much more easier because it's already in it's correct size. But if you don't have Origami paper, then you can buy any red colour paper and cut it into size of 15cm x 15cm or 6 inch x 6 inch. I used back the extra paper that I prepared for santa last Christmas. Hehe.

1st step: Fold the paper according to blue line. (Fold it into triangle first, open it back then fold it into rectangular.)
It'll look like this --->
           
2nd step: Tuck in both triangle side inwards by using one finger...like this...
after tuck in, it'll look like this....do the same thing for the other side...It'll become a big triangle...
         
3rd step: Fold both end of triangle in towards the centre line.... (follow blue doted line)
After fold, open it back, you'll see two smaller triangles form at the corner of larger triangle...
then tuck both small triangles inwards again...You'll see this after tuck...
          
4th step: Hold one end (as shown in picture) and flip it upward and fold to form the sharp corner of heart.
          
5th step: Fold down both end (blue circles)....and you'll get this (the upper part of the heart)...
           
6th step: Fold the upper part of the heart into half (follow blue line) and open it back. 
           
Cut the doted line using scissor.....
            
7th step: Fold all 4 corners to form 2 small sharp triangles on the upper part of the heart.
then, fold the sharp corner of the triangle downwards....
8th step: Flip it up to get a complete heart (love) shape!!!
         
9th step: Flip it over (to behind)...

fold both blue corners towards the yellow corner...
and you'll get this...
open it back and tuck both ends inward...
and after tuck in both sides, you'll get this. 

Last step: Slip it to your book and that's it. You get your love shape bookmark!

It's pretty easy to do actually. I just worry that I make the whole thing become complicated to understand. I try to make it as easy as possible. If any problem, well, you can always comment and ask. Hehe. 

So, that's all for today. Have to go to sleep now. Good night~









No comments:

Post a Comment